Tribute to Veterans – Official Contest Rules
1. Description of the promotion. This promotion is sponsored by WLOX, Burnham Drugs, Taylor Furniture and Law Tigers. Sunday, October 31, 2021. Promotion void where prohibited. By registering, each participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is only open to legal residents of the United States of the following counties in the station viewing area: Harrison, Hancock, Stone, George, and Jackson counties who are 18 years of age or older at the time of registration. registration. The winner will be selected on Monday November 1st. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Gray Television, WLOX, other sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per email address will be accepted and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to enter. There is one way to participate in this promotion. Starting at 8 a.m. on Monday, October 18, individuals can access the competition through the Salute to Veterans competition page. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 31, 2021 to be eligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor (s) and the Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be completed completely and legibly to be eligible and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, forged, altered or obtained by theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software generated or other multiple entries are allowed. The Sponsor (s) is / are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical and / or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, the malfunction of any hardware or software (whether originating from the sender or the sponsor (s)), telephone failure, human error or any other error or malfunction.
For online entries, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person assigned to this email account by the Internet service provider, online service provider or any other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with this. Email account. A potential winner may be asked to provide proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any material containing computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojans or other harmful programming components or routines intended to damage, prejudicially interfere, intercept surreptitiously or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to willfully damage a website or to interfere with the operation of the Promotion constitutes a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor (s) reserve (s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempts. Registration documents that have been forged or altered are void.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an email address will be determined by the Sponsor (s) in its / their sole discretion, and the Sponsor (s) ( s) reserves the right to disqualify any entry from persons determined to tamper with or abuse any aspect of the promotion. By entering this promotion, the entrant agrees that WLOX and other Sponsors of this promotion may provide the entrant with promotional material and that WLOX may disclose the entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to other Sponsors for this purpose. WLOX is not responsible for the use of Personally Identifiable Information of the Entrant by other Sponsors.
4. Price. Ten winners will each receive: a $ 50 Law Tigers gift certificate and share their veteran stories on WLOX. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred or awarded by the winner (s). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How prizes are awarded. 10 winners will be drawn. The winners will be contacted by e-mail and followed by phone.
6. Chances of winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions for accepting the prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate photo ID is required to claim a prize. The winner (s) and, if applicable, any travel companion, will be required to sign and return a waiver and affidavit of eligibility within 30 days of notification of the prize, or the prize will be forfeited. Winners will be solely responsible for all local, state and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, tips and other items of an incidental nature. WLOX will report to the Internal Revenue Service any individual gain greater than $ 600 (in cash or at the fair market value of goods or services) over a period of one year. The winner (s) will receive a Form 1099 from WLOX-TV if WLOX -TV reports earnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Each winner accepts the use of their name and image in advertising without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating in this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WLOX-TV, and all other sponsors and sites, have the right to publish and broadcast the name, voice and likeness of each winner, the fact that he or she has won, and all related questions.
8. Limitation of liability. By participating in this promotion, each participant releases and forever releases the Sponsor (s), its / their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability, claim, cause of ‘action, lawsuit, and claims of any kind arising out of or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, liability for property damage, loss of life, bodily injury or death arising out of or in connection with the participation in the promotion of or in connection with the use or receipt of the prize (s), regardless of the cause.
9. Reservation of rights of the sponsor. These official rules are subject to WLOX-TV modification. In the event of a dispute, all decisions taken by WLOX-TV are final and enforceable. The Sponsor (s) reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sponsor / Sponsor’s website (s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. The Sponsor (s) further reserves the right, at its / their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion cannot terminate as expected (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: computer virus infection, technical corruption, force majeure, or unauthorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security or the smooth running of the promotion).
10. List of winners. For the list of winners, send a stamped envelope to your address at WLOX-TV, 208 Debuys Road, Biloxi, MS 39531.